Monday, July 23, 2007

Summer classes

It's summer and yet school has been so busy lately with the semester coming to an end. The profs have really shown no sign of mercy these past few months, loading us up with one thing after another. Naturally, they show no sign of easing up either. I'm totally stressed so I decided to take today off as a day to relax and reload. I've been working on a new song this morning. Metric's cover of Elliott Smith's "Between the Bars" is pretty much amazing - I recommend checking it out asap. Hm, I haven't had time to just hang out recently; maybe I should go for coffee with Steph... Honestly though, I love the school year [not just cos I'm a nerd at heart]. It's fun but hectic, and that's why I really think summers should just be summers. You know, like the ones when we were kids, the summers that seemed to last forever? [Yes, I was just channeling the chorus of "Summer of 69".] I fear that I won't have a proper summer break this year with the inevitability of schoolwork bleeding into September. Otherwise things are cool. Man, I should be a drama major for more than one reason.


No comments: