Friday, June 1, 2007

Where Ro seems to go, there will be a blow

Blow up that is, and this war of words did not fall short to the legacy. As we all know from having this story shoved in our faces, Rosie O'Donnell was upset that Elisabeth Hasselbeck did not defend her when being accused of calling U.S. troops "terrorists". EH kindly shrieked out, "You are an adult, and I'm not going to be the person for you to explain your thoughts. ... Defend your own insinuations."

I know this story has been everywhere and you might be sick of hearing about it. But I have a couple of things to say so just bear with me.

1. Why didn't they roll to commercials? After reading through Ro's blog, she did not leave "The View" because she couldn't stand three more weeks of pro-Republican bullshit but because she felt the producers of the show set her up for this confrontation. After co-host Joy Behar repeatedly tried to cool the situation down, a split screen appeared as if the two women were boxers facing off before a big match. Ridiculous! I'm asking the same question as Joy did at the end of the Hot Topics segment: "Who is directing the show?"

2. Why is Ro considered eccentric/controversial? I still don't understand this… I keep coming across those words as if being an intelligent liberal thinker is an odd thing. I can't even understand how someone could not see that Ro is a good-hearted person who's standing up for what's right. I wonder if more people would respect this woman if she weren't a fat dyke. Ro is right, damnit!!

3. Why was this all such a big deal? U.S. troops are terrorists. I'm sure they don't realize this for the most part. But they are. Now, please shut the fuck up and hear me out at least before you get all Republican on my ass and start leaving me curse-filled comments about how I should burn in hell for having brown-skin and therefore being a member of Al Qaeda. What is a terrorist? A terrorist is, according to dictionary.com, "a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism." What is terrorism? Terrorism is "the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes." U.S. troops are terrorists.

In any case, "The View" will suffer in ratings after this incident. I've tried to tune in once or twice but the conversation has seemed to have fallen into dumbass banter. With Meredith Viera, Star Jones, and now Rosie gone, all the show is left with is the not-so-comical comedy of Joy Behar, the unforgettable… [I'm sorry, what's her name again? Elisabeth Hussyback?]…the unforgettable blonde bitch with backward opinions and an annoying voice [Okay, EH is pretty damn forgettable. I mean, she started off on "Survivor"… that says a lot.], and [speaking of annoying voices…] the legendary Baba Wawa. [Sorry, miss, I know you're 78-years-old but your idiosyncratic speech with its rounded "R" is as fucking irritating as a bad case of herpes or Donald Trump.]

No comments: