Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A hopefully Wednesday evening

Good news has been sparingly offered to this lad recently; however, the past few days have taken a spin on the upside leaving me tonight with a hopefully smile. After spending several hours in the hospital this week, I was told that my foot is on its way to healing. Apparently there has been some nerve damage and unusual cuts along the nerves in other limbs but with time I should be back in fighting form. I was also told that I am fit to return to my days in retail. I decided to call up Club Monaco on Monday afternoon only to hear the voice of a perky new salesgirl. The assistant manager wasn’t in and so I was left with the harsh reality that I had been replaced. Or so I thought. I got in touch with the assistant manager who informs me that I still have my job despite major cutbacks in store employment. A new store manager has been hired and she wants meet me. So for now, I’m safe but for how long I’m not too sure. I was so excited that I had to make contact with another life form. I actually signed onto MSN messenger for the first time in who knows how long. Within less than twenty minutes I realized why I’m never on that thing anymore and that some of my friends are incredibly selfish. Okay, fine... I know both of these things before. But the feelings were reinforced during those twenty minutes. Luckily, my mood was not offset. I took a raincheck for dinner with my friend Damion as I was drained. I had a lovely Wednesday evening tuning in for CNTM, So You Think You Can Dance?, my new favourite show Traveler, and the nightly news with Lloyd Robertson. I really need to get some new books tomorrow… Well, staying on the bright side, at least I don't say "at all" like a`tall instead of at-all. My neurosurgerical nurse did it and, all thought I think she's a sweetheart, for fuck's sake don't say the words as if they're two totally different words with different meanings. I love accents. I think they bring flavour to the English language but saying a`tall is an attempt to be prim but it comes out sounding snobby and oh so WRONG. Hmm, like I was saying... I had a lovely evening!

No comments: