Saturday, January 20, 2007

le nix nox

So apparently I'm easily convinced because I ended up going to that boat club event. I wasn't going to go. I showered and had planned a nice restful night in chilling and listening to music. Maybe Feist and some champagne. But then Ceilidh convinced me otherwise. Okay, well, it didn't take too much convincing since everyone looked so incredibly nice last night. I managed to get ready, pre-drink, and leave with the first group for la metro all within 30 minutes.

The boat was called le nix nox. Slightly humorous? I thought so. It was on La Seine just outside the Bercy metro station. I had a lot, a lot, a lot of fun last night - it's 13h30 and I just woke up. Guys didn't have to wait outside on the street for this one. I was glad to hear this because David is in Luxembourg till Monday and I didn't want to be the only guy from our group and have to wait alone outside. (Ken from la maison and Steve did come though.)

They play Top 40 mostly. Totally fine with me!! Drinks were hella cheap for Paris (€2 for biere and €3 for hard liquor). haha I keep speaking Franglish. The people were really friendly and social. So many people talked to me in the lines and no one asked me if I was a gyspy (: . Anyway, people were so generous with their cigarettes. Oh, while on the topic of cigarettes... I smoke. :O lol. Only at a club or a bar and not in Canada. We have a system. The girls will let a guy approach them, give them a cigarette and lit it for them, they take a few puffs, subtly hand it over to moi, then they finish it off when I return it to them and we leave for the dancefloor again. haha muah!

Even though Canadians are better dancers, I've found. Okay, MUCH better. I do like how the French are just free and fun with their dancing. Guys dance too and they dance WITH the girl. They don't stand, hover behind her, and then go for the bump and grind when they have enough confidence built up. People don't really grind in general here to be honest.

Since drinks were so cheap, I decided to get tipsy. I pre-drank an entire bottle of champagne and then had 4 screwdrivers in about 15 minutes. Only 4 you say? Where are my usual other 3 drinks for the typical 7 to get me drunkedy drunk? They mix drinks differently here. Alcohol is the majority of the cup and then orange juice is added. Love it!!! hahaha. I cannot believe someone actually said "My rum and coke is too strong. It's like there's double. It's like it should be called double rum and coke." [OH, Stepahnie's signature drink! lmao]

To be completely honest, whenever I seem off balance when drunk, it's usually because I don't care to try to balance myself. I feel stuff but my balance is pretty good if I tried to keep composed. I didn't feel that tipsy until I fell to the floor when I got back to my room. I'm so glad David is gone for the weekend and did not have to see that. Hm lol. Though come to think of it he's worse. He seems like he's had a stroke when he tries to talk while drunk. It's actually kinda scary. lol I tried to sober up with baguette and humus. Didn't really help but t'was rather YUM, bébé.

No comments: