Sunday, December 17, 2006

Down to Distrikt: Indie Over House

Yesterday, Stephanie [my best] convinced me to go to Club Distrikt. I didn't realize until today that last night might have been the last time the two of us go to a club downtown together... I wore white and was happy with it lol. I liked the music but not the crowd as much. Synaue, Colin, Dwayne and his girlfriend were there as well. Stephanie hooked up with some guy named Phil I believe [err meh, I say no more haha]. I wanted to dance with this one girl who kept looking at me [though it might have simply been because I was breaking the strictly enforced fashion rule - "No white after Labour Day!"]. She was pretty. Some guy mauled her soon after I noticed her and she walked off the dancefloor.

I don't think i like clubs in the same way. I don't really like dressing up and going to clubs as much as before. I still like to dance but the whole drinking-over-priced-alcohol-and-paying-tons-of-money-to-be-surrounded-by-off-beaters-or-groped-by-sleaze isn't my thing anymore. I think I'm now one of the better dancers I know/have seen in my last few club experiences and knowing this bores me... [Oh, I didn't mean that in a snob way... more reflective]. It makes me not even want to try. The people that come to these places aren't there for dancing, they're there for sex. By the end of the night, I was hoping it would end and I could be home in my bed. I kept thinking I'd prefer to be in some artsy coffeehouse right now, chilling and listening to so good acoustic indie. I love the city still. I would just rather go downtown during the day. My interests have just changed from staying out all night drinking and dancing till I drop [and yes, the occasional one-night-stand] to singing and playing my guitar, to watching films, to go restaurants eat massive amounts of food lol...

I thought this change was because of another person. I thought wrong. This change was gradual and had slowly started at the beginning of summer vacation.

Clubs are fun but I definitely don't want to go to another one for a while. I've learnt as much as i want from clubs and I have learnt a lot from them; they've taught me about dealing with drunks, protecting myself, hold large amounts of alcohol, and how to out dance a room full of people. I'm proud of what I've learnt and of myself for moving on. lol Man, I must sound like such a killjoy. I'm not. I'm not hating on clubs, I just think moderation... or infrequency for now... is the key.

No comments: